Friday 4 September 2009

Men in Tights


NO!!!! I haven't been robbing my local branch of Barclays and I haven't joined the Young Conservatives - I talk merely of our latest archery event. Organised by fair maid Marion (Honestly) Mrs T and I drove to the event on Wednesday: The weather was a typical early September one - howling winds, driving rain but warm, we half expected to see magnificent herds of hippo swimming across the car park, but had to settle for a couple of pandas (Fiat not giant) Still the archery was indoors and I had cunningly been practicing for months in front of the mirror, granted I don't own a long bow but I had the technique of closing one eye pretty much mastered. Last time we had ventured to our virtual Sherwood Forest Teresa had beaten me in a head to head, and call it beginners luck or call it me being chivalrous, it wasn't going to happen again, no way Mr Mourinho.

Anyway lets cut to the chaste - after a closely fought battle I came an honourable second - we have a rematch booked for December - Should be easy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment